How to Connect Canon Printer to Router? – Canon is highly preferable brand among people. It is highly recommended in printers and cameras. Canon printers provide various advanced features and functions. Some people are familiar with the advancement in technology while others get stuck in between any issue. Canon printer connected to a WiFi network is one of the most convienent modes of connectivity. It is wireless connectivity that makes it movable within the WiFi range. It is quite simple to get your Canon printer connected with your computer over a WiFi network. All you need to do is read our blog that consists of How to Connect Canon Printer to Router?
Tech Support Expert is a reliable tech company known for its best customer support services across the globe. We have a team of certified and experienced professionals who provides a relevant solution for any printer issue. Most of our customers have asked us How to Connect Canon Printer to Router? Therefore here we are providing easy and simple steps that will let you know about the connectivity of the wireless network or router.
For any further assistance regarding our company give us a call at our toll-free number 800-742-9005. You can even mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steps to Connect Canon Printer to Wireless Network
Here we have listed the steps to connect your Canon printer to the router:
- First of all, make sure that you have plugged your printer accurately. If your printer is demanding ethernet connection to access the internet. You will require to arrange an ethernet cable to plug in the printer into your router.
- Now verify that your printer comprises an installation software. At the final purchase if you are provided with a CD with your printer probably you need to use the CD for installing the application to run prior configuration of the printer.
- The advanced printers do not demand this process whereas the previous printer models demand CD installation prior to linking with them.
- To install through CD you just have to use the CD and follow the instructions displayed on the screen. For the Mac OS, you will need an external card reader for carrying out this step.
- After that check that your printer is connected to the internet. This includes the use of an LCD panel to choose a wireless network along with the password.
- Go through the instruction guide of your printer to check specific details on syncing your printer model to the internet.
Now get an online version of the instruction guide of your printer by going to the official Canon website. You can search it by clicking support > choose manual >. From the drop-down menu click printers than enter the model number of your printer.
- Make sure that your system is on a similar network to your printer. You can receive commands for your wireless printer from your PC. For this, your PC and printer must be on the same Wi-Fi network.
- If your printer is connected to another WiFi network other than WiFi of your system prior going ahead.
How to Connect Canon Printer to Router or Wifi Wireless Network?
Before stepping into the steps you need to fulfil some criteria to use WPS push button way:
- The starting point should consist of a push button that must have a physical WPS push button available. You must verify the user manual of your device for more details. If the WPS push button is missing then you are supposed to use the guidelines on the Standard Connection solution tab.
- Wi-Fi Protected Access (WPA) might be used by your network or WPA2 security protocol. Most of the WPS enabled access points to use this protocol.
Follow the steps:
- Firstly check that the printer is connected properly.
- Then hold the WiFi button which appears on the top of the printer until there is a flash from the alarm.
- Make sure that the lamp flashes blue and then move to the starting point and press the WPS button in a few minutes.
- To fetch accurate details on accessing WPS on your main point, follow the user manual.
- The WiFi lamp which flashes blue on the printer will continue flashing while locating. And the WiFi lamp and power will flash while linking to the access point.
- When the connection is successfully made by your printer to a wireless network then power and Wi-Fi lamp will stop flashing and remain lighted instead.
- Now you can print out the network settings of your printer in case you are willing to.
If while performing the above steps you get stuck in between any issue then you can call us anytime without any hesitation. Connect with us via Live Chat or toll-free number 800-742-9005.