How To Fix PCL XL Error On HP Printer – Technical issues are common nowadays with printers. One of them is the PCL XL error. This error is one of the frustrating technical glitches that is encountered by HP users. It generally happened when too many sheets are sent to the printer print queue. If you have encountered the same issue and you are trying to figure out thaw ways on How to Fix PCL XL Error On HP Printer, then will definitely help you out. Our blog will teach you some quick and easy ways to wipe out this concern and resume your printing.
HP is although an amazing brand that is well-known in the market for its mesmerizing printing gadgets. But even these devices sometimes act weird and encounter technical malfunctions. One such error that has affected the most number of HP users is the PCL XL error. There are many reasons that could trigger such an issue. But don’t worry. If you are among those who have encountered the same issue with their HP device, then we have the right solution for you. In this blog, we will show you some quick tricks on How to Fix PCL XL Error On HP Printer.
Availing technical assistance has never become this easy. Now get reliable, quick, and effective technical assistance for the top engineers by contacting the leading technical assistance service provider company, Tech Support Expert. We have deployed a dedicated team that includes technical experts, researchers, and engineers. They are devoted to providing you with exceptional technical assistance.
Contact us and get your issue diagnosed by the experts. Call us now at 800-742-9005 or write us your query through email at email@example.com.
Reasons Behind the PCL XL Error On HP Printer
PCL XL error is mostly encountered by HP printer users. It generally takes place when the user is printing any life or document. It occurs when too many sheets are sent for printing. There are various reasons that can lead to this error. Therefore before moving to How to Fix PCL XL Error On HP Printer, let us go through the reasons behind this problem:
- Corrupted drivers.
- Too many commands.
- Inappropriate printer settings.
- Outdated drivers.
- Corrupted operating system.
- Conflicts from any third-party application.
How To Fix PCL XL Error On HP Printer
If you use HP Printer and you have encountered a PCL XL error, then don’t panic, we have a comprehensive guide that will take you through the process to fix this issue. But you need to assure a hundred percent adherence to all the methods and steps in the same order as mentioned to reap out the best output. Here is How to Fix PCL XL Error On HP Printer:
Update HP Printer Drivers
Like we told you earlier as well, corrupted or outdated drivers of HP printers can cause the printer to show PCL XL errors. Therefore, downloading the new and updated printer drivers will be a wise decision. Below are the steps to update the printer drivers:
- Open the Web Browser and go to the Official HP Website.
- Navigate to the Driver section and enter your HP printer name and model number.
- Once done, select the drivers and click on the download option.
- Follow all the steps to download and install the HP printer drivers.
- Once done with the steps mentioned above, try to check whether the issue has been fixed or not. If not, then you can try out the next method.
Rename HP Printer Files
Renaming the files can be the answer to your question “How to Fix PCL XL Error On HP Printer”. Most of the HP users have noted that they are able to resolve the issue itself by renaming the files of the HP Printer. So, giving this method a try is not a bad option at all. Here are the steps to perform this method:
- Take the first step by launching the File Explorer. Press the Windows + E key.
- Now navigate “C:\Windows\System32\spool\drivers\x64\3”.
- Filter the files and choose the ones with (.gpd) extension.
- Choose the GDP files and change their names.
- Save the changes and exit the folder.
- Once done, restart the system to check whether the problem has been resolved or not. If not, then you can move on to the next method.
Alter the Device Settings
Printer configurations and settings play a crucial role in the sound working of the device. In case your device configuration is not proper or there is any type of fault in your printer configurations, then you might need to change the printer configurations. Here is How to Fix PCL XL Error On HP Printer using this method:
- Run the dialog box by pressing Windows + R key.
- Now type Control Panel in the search box and press Ok.
- From the drop-down list select either small icons or large icons.
- Hit the option Devices and Printers.
- Select HP printer that has encountered PCD XL error and right-click on it to choose Printing Preferences.
- Now, move to Advance and Enable “Send True Type as Bitmap”.
- Press Ok to save the changes.
- Reboot the system.
So, these were the steps on How to Fix PCL XL Error On HP Printer. We expect that you liked this blog and you have got some valuable insights from the same. If you want to talk to our experts, then dial 800-742-9005 or send us your query via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to know more.