How to Fix Hp Printer not working error after Windows 10 Update – Printers have become a major part of everyone’s life due to their usability, everyone is using printers for scanning, printing, etc. Numerous printer manufacturing companies are providing printers but HP is the only authentic brand available in the market at the moment. Printers of HP are used worldwide and are appreciated for their printing services and efficiency.
Although the printers of HP are reliable, however, due to some external, internal reasons, or due to gradual wear and tear they show some common printers errors but if you are a victim of an error then don’t worry as Tech Support Expert is here to help you out with this problem. If you are facing an error and don’t know how to fix HP Printer not working error after Windows 10 Update then we will talk about the same in this blog.
So if you are frustrated or annoyed by this little error then you don’t need to be annoyed. The highly-trained and expert team of Tech Support Expert will guide you with some precise steps of Fixing the HP Printer not working error after the Windows 10 Update. Therefore, if you were also looking for the precise steps then your search is over, and it’s time to fix this error with your own. Let’s dive deep to know the accurate steps to fix Hp Printer not working error after Windows 10 Update.
For more help regarding HP Printer issues or any other tech gadget, you can call us at any time at our toll-free number 800-742-9005 or you can also drop an email regarding your query or problem at email@example.com.
Methods to fix HP Printer in an error state in Windows 10
Before delivering deep into precise steps to fix this error let’s know this error manifests, these errors mostly occur when you have updated your windows to Windows 10 while still connected to the printer, then when you updated your windows there are some compatibility issues of the printer and new windows and sometimes the printer driver is corrupted or when the printer is jammed and also when printer cover is jammed or not connected properly. But don’t worry, we are here to assist with a simple solution in the easiest steps so that your printer can work again.
Let us have a look at some of the techniques which are explained below in details:-
Step 1:- Run Troubleshooter
Troubleshooter is a default method to repair drive errors as it will suggest to you reasons why the error is happening. Now please follow the steps and fix problems:-
- Check the power supply of your printer to see if the device is plugged in properly. Check the USB cable for wired printers and wireless connection for wireless printers.
- If the above step does not work, then download and run the printer troubleshooter
- If the problem still exists, then right-click on the Start button and click on Device Manager. After selecting click on Expand Drivers and find your printer in that list, when you find your printer name right-click on it and then choose the Update Driver
Step 2:- Choose “Use Printer Online” Mode Option
If the HP printer does not work in the offline state then, then for switching it “online” follow these steps
- Go on your keyboard and click on Windows + X, then go to Control Panel and then click on Devices and printers.
- Then you will see Printer. Click on it.
- If the “Printer is offline”, then it shows Offline Message status. When you turn it online check the status it will show Ready.
- Check if it shows HP Printer is offline, you can set it to Online.
- After that right-click on Printer and then choose Use Printer Online
- Then display should change to Ready when the printer is set to online.
Step 3:- Reinstall the printer driver
- Now open the Control Panel > select View By Large icon
- Then click on Devices and Printers
- After that right-click on your printer > select Remove device
- After removing the device then confirm the device removal and restart your computer
- After you restart the PC, it should automatically detect and install your printer, if not unplug it and plug it back in again.
Step 4:- Set the Printer Spooler Service to Automatic
- Now press Windows+R on your keyboard and after “Run” opens type msc in it and press Enter
- Search for Printer Spooler on the right side and make sure it is set to “Start”.
- Then right-click on Printer Spooler and select
- Now you can see the General tab, set Startup Type to Automatic from the menu then click Apply>
- Close the Services tab and restart your computer to see if the issue is fixed.
Step 5:- Update Windows
- Press the Start button and then open Settings
- Click on Update & Security
- Then select Windows Update
- Click on Check for Updates
- Wait till windows are on update it will take some time and after that, if it finds some of the updates then let it finish, and after that restart your computer. After that see if the issue is fixed or not.
Step 6:- Check if the printer is connected to the wrong port
- Click the start button on your windows
- Go to Settings
- Go to Devices and choose Printers and Scanners
- Choose the option Devices and Printers.
- After the list appears on the screen you can select the printer you are using and right-click on it.
- Now select Properties from the down menu.
- Under the properties select Change Properties from General
- Now click on the port where your printer is connected with your printer name on the list
- Click on Apply
Compatibility of HP Printers with Windows 10
Let us show you some of the HP printers that are compatible with Windows 10
- HP LaserJet
- HP LaserJet Enterprise
- HP LaserJet Managed
- HP Office Jet Enterprise
- HP LaserJet Pro
- HP Page Wide Enterprise
- HP Office Jet Managed
- HP Page Wide Managed
I hope after performing all the above steps you can resolve the issue and you have a smooth experience with your printer. If you are still facing printer-related issues dial us on 800-742-9005 or ping us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will get our services 24*7 and we have high-tech experts with us who will surely help you to fix your issue.