How To Fix HP Printer In Error State – If your Hp device is displaying Error State, then do not worry, you have landed on the right path. The troubleshooting methods for which you have clicked on the link will be delivered to you by our experts. Out this blog will highlight How to Fix HP Printer in Error State. The Error state is nothing but your device’s inability to work up to its maximum potential. If you can fully relate to this situation and wanted to learn how to fix this problem, then keep reading this blog till the end.
HP is a remarkable brand that is famous for its printers. But at times, the HP Printer can encounter technical malfunctions and one such is the printer entering the Error State. This can happen due to many reasons and it means that your device will not be able to perform its job efficiently. If even after trying everything, you are still facing this issue, then go through this write-up on How To Fix HP Printer In Error State. By going through this blog, you will learn the simple ways to wipe out this malfunction.
Wanted to get your printer back up and working? Looking to restore your device’s ability to work up to its maximum potential? If yes, then the wait is over. Contact Tech Support Expert and get your problem resolved in a few minutes. We have a remarkable team of technical experts who always put extra effort to resolve the customer’s query in lesser time. Dial 800-742-9005 or send us your query via email at email@example.com.
Why HP Printer Enter Error State?
Encountering technical errors with printers is the worst-case scenario for the daily user. But in case you have encountered such an issue and you are wondering why this error occurs, then we have some surprising information for you! Before we move towards How to Fix HP Printer In Error State, let us figure out the reasons behind this issue:
- Internet connectivity issues.
- Outdated printer drivers.
- Loew ink levels.
- Open ink cartridge cover.
- Jammed paper.
- Broken wires.
- Corrupted device files.
- Out of paper.
Simple Ways To Fix HP Printer In Error State
Any kind of error can halt your printer working and impact your efficiency as well. Therefore, it is highly recommended to get your printer out of the Error State. Below we have answered your question How To Fix HP Printer In Error State in the most effective and efficient manner. Try out these methods and get your HP Printer back up and running.
Reinstall HP Printer Drivers
The first and the foremost thing that you need to try out in order to fix this issue is to reinstall the drivers of the HP Printer. Outdated or corrupted drivers of the printers can make things difficult for the printer. Therefore, follow these steps to fix HP Printer In Error State:
- Go to Start > Control Panel > View By Large Icons.
- Now, hit the Devices and Printers option and choose HP Printer.
- Click right on the HP Printer logo and choose the option Remove Device.
- Follow the steps to uninstall the device. Once done, restart the device.
- Once the device the back on, plug in the printer and install the printer drivers by following all the instructions.
Change Port Settings
Port settings of the printer play a crucial role in the working of the device. Therefore, it is recommended to change the port settings if your device has entered the error state. Here’s, How To Fix HP Printer In Error State:
- Hit the Windows + R key and enter the command “devmgmt.msc” > hit Enter.
- Device manager will open > Click on View > hit the option Show hidden device.
- Choose the properties option by clicking right on the Ports option.
- Under the properties tab, enter the Port Settings and choose the option Use any interrupt assigned to the port.
- Check the box located near the option Enable legacy plug and play detection.
- Hit the Ok button.
- Once done, reboot the device and check whether the issue has been fixed or not.
Power Cycle Printer
You can also resolve this issue by doing a power cycle. So, How to Fix HP Printer In Error State? Simply by performing a power cycle. Here are the steps to perform this method:
- At first, turn off your HP printer by hitting the power button on your device.
- Let the device turn off completely.
- Remove all the wires, USB cables, and the power cord attached to the device.
- Wait for a few seconds before moving further.
- Re-attach the wires, USB cables, and the power cord to the device.
- Turn on the HP Printer.
- Let the device come in a stable position.
- Now, check whether the issue has been fixed or not.
These were the Simple Ways To Fix HP Printer In Error State. We hope that you liked this blog and we have served you the required information. It is expected that now you can fix this issue and get your HP Printer working again. In case you need any kind of technical help, call us at 800-742-9005 or send us your query via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to know more.