A virus, malware, or other malicious software could cause your PC to run slowly. Some other symptoms include unexpected pop-up messages, programs that unexpectedly start automatically, or the sound of your hard disk constantly working.
The best way to handle viruses and malicious software is to try to prevent them by running anti-malware and anti-virus software and keeping it up to date. Even if you take precautions, your PC can still become infected.
To scan for viruses using Windows Defender (Windows 10 Version 1709)
- Select the Start button > Settings > Update & security > Windows Defender > Open Windows Defender Security Center.
- Select Virus & threat protection, then select Protection updates> Check for updates to make sure you have the latest definition file.
- Select the Virus & threat protection tab and select Quick scan, then wait for Windows Defender Security Center to finish scanning for viruses and malware.
To scan for malware and viruses with Windows Defender Offline (Windows 10 Version 1709)
- Save any documents or anything else you might have open on your PC.
- Select the Startbutton > Settings > Update & security > Windows Defender > Open Windows Defender Security Center.
- Select Virus & threat protection, then select Advanced scan> Windows Defender Offline scan > Scan now.
Your PC will restart, and Windows Defender Offline will run and scan for viruses and malware. The scan might take 15 minutes or so, and your PC will restart again after that.
Need more help, call us on toll-free : +1-800-742-9005 .
Go through below link for more tips :
10 Tips to improve windows 10 performance