Windows 10 KB4056892 update repeatedly tries to install on system but unable to install and showing error message 0x800f0845.
How to Solve
This error might be occured because of Windows update broken component or may be because of any software clash.You can try to fix this issue with below steps
- Reboot your Windows several times, it will start with Automatic Repair
- When Automatic Repair option comes,select Troubleshoot> Advanced options.
- Click on Startup settings> then Restart.
- Click on F4 for Safe Mode screen.
- In Safe Mode click on Windows Key+I for open settings
- Click on Update and Security option then Press Windows Update option.
- Select KB4056892 Update in update history option and click on Uninstall
If you are not able to run computer in Safe Mode, then you can fix 0x800f0845 windows error from Repair your computer screen option.
- Restart Windows
- Click on F8 while windows restarts for REpair your computer screen
- Open Command Prompt and type following command
dism /image:d\\ /remove-package
When done, close the command prompt, shut down and start again OR Restart it.
Important: Do not try any other repair options or removing the updates with DISM might fail. We choose to remove all 3 updates from tonight to make sure. It might suffice to remove the delta one alone but we wanted to have an VM back as it was last night so more testing can be done before it is deployed again.
Helpful links from Microsoft