Windows 10 Activation Error Code 0xc004f012 – At times the Microsoft users find themselves stuck in between the situation where they do not have any clue about what to do. Well, activating Windows OS is not always a smooth sail. Once such error which users are constantly witnessing after upgrading or re-insulating or installing any update is Windows 10 Activation Error Code 0xc004f012. If you are facing this issue then perhaps our success could help you out well. While using the window operating system you may encounter different types of error codes, fortunately, there are ways to resolve them.
If you are facing this error then you might be wondering what causes the Windows 10 Activation Error Code 0xc004f012 So, without any further due, the reason for the error code 0xc004f012 to happen is majorly missing or corrupt licensing repository. The error can occur on the first time activation or sometimes it could occur while getting any major update where the activation status is lost.
The issue takes place whenever you click the watermark at the right bottom of the activation window screen. The screen will display the following message:
Windows can’t activate right now. Try activating again later. If that doesn’t work, contact support. Error code: 0xC004F012.
You will not always see the same message, sometimes the message is:
The Software Licensing Service reported that the call has failed because the value for the input key was not found.
In both cases, which are the reason for activation error code 0xc004f012, the solution to fix them will remain the same. So, let’s dive into an easy solution which would help you fix the issue on your own.
Ways to Fix Windows 10 Activation Error Code 0xC004F012
Good news is you can get rid of Windows 10 activation error code 0xc004f012 immediately with the right kind of assistance. You can rely on more than a method if you do not know about what triggered the error. Our tech support experts have summed up few solutions for you which you can follow one after the other to get the issues resolved on your own. So, here we go:
You May Need to Change Product key
This is one simple method which you can try on your end in order to get the problem fixed. For this you need to follow the following instruction:
- You can go to Settings > Update & Security > Activation > Change Product Key.
- You now need to use the product key for the version you are using for windows. One simple search on google can you fin your product key. But, this product key will not work and they will be shown as a failure.
- Now you can try using the original product key you are having with you.
Well, hoping this way you will not see the error code 0xC004F012 on your screen. In case this doesn’t work try out the next method.
Try Activate Using Command
So, this is another method which you can try at your end to fix the error code 0xC004F012. To do you need to:
- Open the command prompt as an administrator
- Then you need to run the following command:
slmgr.vbs.ipk <product key>
It is one of the best ways to fix error 0xC004F012 and activates the windows. You can move to another method if it did not work for you.
You Can Rebuild Activation Token
When you face the issues you can try and fix the issue by following this simple method. You can try rebuilding activation token files. Once you are done with it you can try again. Let’s hope it help you to fix the problem. So, here follow the instruction to go further with the solution:
- Go to the window > system > spp > store > 2.0.
- C will be the driver where you have to install the window file. In case you have stored in some another drive then you can go to that one.
- Now, here you need to look for the file named as tokens.dat.
- Once you find it you need to rename this file as tokens.dat.bak.
- Now, go to the start menu and open it.
- Type cmd, right click on Command Prompt
- Lastly, choose Run as administrator, this will run the command one by one.
So, these were few simple methods which you can try on your end to resolve the activation error code 0xC004F012 in windows 10.
For Help Call Toll-Free Number 800-742-9005
In case any of this solution didn’t help you out hen we would suggest you o take help from the experts. Tech Support Experts provide immediate and instant support to Windows users. We are available 24/7, so, without wasting any time pick up your phone and talk to our experts who will guide you in the best way to fix Windows 10 Activation Error Code 0xc004f012.