Are you facing the Low Disk Space Errors in HP Compaq PC / tablets with windows 10 or 8 and trying to find the solution ? If yes then you are on right place.
Windows uses disk space for caching files and virtual memory. Where files will not save and discs will not burn, so the computer or tablet might become unreliable if the free space on the hard drive drops too low.
Now how to increase the amount of free disk space on your computer or tablet that prevents low disk space errors and enhances performance.
Let’s find the solution, And follow the steps to resolve the low disk space error.
Step 1: Emptying the Recycle Bin
Your deleted files are automatically sent to the Recycle Bin rather than being fully removed from your computer. These files still use storage space. So first step is to emptying the recycle bin:
- From the Windows desktop, double-click Recycle Bin.
- Want to restore any mistakenly deleted items , right-clicking the file, then selecting Restore.
- Click the Manage Click Empty the Recycle Bin. Windows removes the contents of the Recycle Bin from the hard disk.
- Select Yes to confirm.
- Close the Recycle Bin.
Step 2: Deleting temporary files and directories
Windows uses a TEMP directory to temporarily store files intended only for short-term use but with over time, these files might not be removed and can build up and cause problems. Deleting temporary files and directories increases hard disk space and reduces the time Windows takes to access the hard drive. To delete these files, follow these steps:
- Close all open software programs.
- If you are using Windows 10, do the following:
- In Windows search, typedisk cleanup.
- Select Disk Cleanup from the results.
If you are using Windows 8, do the following:
- From the Start screen, type cleanmgr to open the Search charm.
- Select cleanmgr from the search results.
The Disk Cleanup : Drive Selection window opens.
- Select the drive you want to clean up from the drop-down menu, and click OK.
A message opens stating that Disk Cleanup is calculating how much space can be freed.
- Place a checkmark next to the types of files you want the Disk Cleanup utility to delete. Temporary files are safe to delete. Selecting some options can have a negative effect. If you are unsure about what to delete, do not delete files until you know which ones are important.
- ClickDelete Files.
Step 3: Removing unwanted programs
You can remove unused or unwanted programs from your computer in order to increase the space on your hard drive. Follow the steps to remove programs from your computer:
- In Windows, search for and openPrograms and Features.
- On thePrograms and Features screen, select the software program you want to remove from the list and click Uninstall or Uninstall/Change at the top of the program list.
- Read and respond to any messages that might open while the software is being removed from your computer.
Step 4: Adjusting System Restore settings
System Restore is a feature of Windows that can revert system software and settings back to a particular date. It is well known as name of restore point. Where restore points use a lot of hard drive space. Follow the steps to reduce the space System Restore uses for restore points.
- In Windows, search for and openSystem.
- ClickSystem Protection in the tasks pane on the left.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- On the System Protection tab of the System Properties window, click Configure.
- To reduce the amount of hard drive space the system reserves for system restores, slide the Max Usage slider bar. You can choose more or less depending on how many restore points you want and the capacity of your hard drive.
- Click OK to save the settings.
Step 5: Confirming that enough hard drive space is available
Check the amount of free space on the hard drive. If the free space is too low, under 5% of total disk space, it is time to free up space on the disk. Follow the following steps to check the amount of free space on the hard drive.
- In Windows, search for and open This PC.
- Under Devices and drives on the This PC window, right-click on the main hard drive, which is usually (C:), then click Properties.
- Click the General tab to see the amount of free space that is available on the hard drive.
- If less than 5% of total hard drive space is available, repeat the steps in this document to free up more hard drive space.