Printer Port in Use Please Wait Error in Windows 10 – If you trying to use the printer port and getting the error, then consider following this guide. Down below, we have covered everything that is needed to fix the Printer Port in Use Please Wait Error in Windows 10. The printer has become an important gadget in everyone’s life. This gadget makes everyday working so much easier. But the situation becomes tough the device prompt error such as “Port in use, please wait”. To help you, below we have listed a complete guide that will sail you out from this situation.
Errors and technical malfunctions are pretty common with electronic devices. Imagine a situation when you are about to print anything and you get the printer port error. This is one of the worst situations to be in. Do not worry if you are having a hard time with your printing device. If you are looking to wipe out the Printer Port in Use Please Wait Error in Windows 10, then we will surely help you out. Do prefer reading this blog till the end to find out what exactly you need to do to fix this problem and get your printer back working.
Tech Support Expert is a perfect spot to get instant technical support. We are backed by advanced infrastructure and a team of skilled and hardworking technical experts. Our staff always goes the extra mile to provide fast, reliable, and secured technical support. If you have encountered any sort of technical issue and wanted to fix it as quickly as possible, then do reach Tech Support Expert.
Dial at 800-742-9005 or write us your query through email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Our technicians will surely help you out.
Ways to Fix the Printer Port in Use Please Wait Error in Windows 10
The port in use error is one of the common errors encountered almost with every printing device. This error is generally faced by the users when trying to print with a device that is connected to a USB port. If this error is bothering you and you are unable to print anything, then follow the steps mentioned below and Fix the Printer Port in Use Please Wait for Error in Windows 10:
Power Cycle the Printer and Restart the PC
Minor technical glitches such as the port error can be eradicated by merely performing a basic power cycle and restarting process. Here are the steps to perform this method:
- Press the Power button on the printer and simultaneously go to Start > Restart to reboot the PC.
- Remove all wires and cords attached to the printer and PC.
- Wait for a few seconds and reattach the wires & cords.
- Power on the printer.
- Let the Printer and PC Turn on and come in a stable position.
- Once done with all the steps, check the status of the issue by running a print test.
Update the Drivers of Printer
Do consider updating the printer drivers in case you have countered the Printer Port in Use Please Wait Error in Windows 10. Here is how you can update the drivers of the printer:
- Go to Start > Device Manager Option.
- Choose your printer and expand the logo of the printer.
- Right-click on the printer and choose the option Device to manage.
- Choose the option Device manager
Locate Right Port
Sometimes an error with the port selection can cause the Printer Port in Use Please Wait Error in Windows 10. Therefore, follow the below-provided steps to set the correct port of the printer:
- Navigate to the Settings option and click on the option Devices.
- Now, move to the Printer & Scanners and hit the option Printer Name.
- Once done, click on Manage and move to the next screen.
- Click on the Printer Properties and switch to the Ports tab.
- Check the connectivity by making sure that the chosen device port matches the current connection.
Try out these steps to fix the Printer Port in Use Please Wait Error in Windows 10. In case, this method did not come to your rescue, move on to the next method.
Use Device Troubleshooter
Windows 10 comes with an in-built troubleshooter that helps in fixing the problems associated to the printer. Most of the issues related to the device can be eradicated by simply using the device troubleshooter. Here are the steps to perform this method:
- Move to Settings and hit the Update and Security option.
- From here, select the option Troubleshoot.
- Once done, choose the option Troubleshoot on Printer and let the process complete.
- Wait till the system check and troubleshoot the problem.
So, this is how you can fix the Printer Port in Use Please Wait Error in Windows 10. We hope you liked this guide and your grabbed some important information from the same. If you need expert assistance in fixing this issue, then do reach Tech Support Expert by calling at 800-742-9005 or send us your query via email at email@example.com to know more.