How to Fix Print Spooler not Running / Working – Printer holds high importance in everyone’s life. They help us to perform a wide array of jobs such as printing, faxing, scanning, copying, and much more. But if the printer spooler stops working? Trust us, it is not a situation to be in. The spooler is one of the key parts of a printer that allows the device to print. It manages all the print jobs and queues. But sometimes, prolonged usage of the device or mishandling can cause trouble with the spooler and it stops working. It is one of the key reasons behind all errors associated with the printer. Thus, resolving it holds utmost importance. In this blog, we will teach you How to Fix Print Spooler not Running / Working.
The printer spooler is responsible for managing several print requests in one go. It sends the print commands or requests to the printer one at a time. But what if it gets stuck or stops working? Scary right. But not now as in this blog, our team will tell you the easy way out that will help you to get rid of this irritating situation. So, if the spooler of your printer is not working/running and you want to know Tips to Fix Print Spooler not Running / Working, then do consider reading this blog till the end. Below we have provided the tips and tricks that will help you fix this situation on your own.
If you are facing any technical issue or your device has encountered an error, then Tech Support Experts is here at your assistance. We are the one-stop to get reliable technical assistance. Our team of world-class technical experts, engineers, and technical support staff always put extra effort to address the customer query with sincerity and provide accurate and correct resolution in stipulated time.
So, if you are facing any type of technical issue and you want the experts to handle your concern, then do contact us. Dial 800-742-9005 or write us your query via email at email@example.com.
Reasons Why Print Spooler is not Running / Working
The printer is a smart device. With the changing time, technology is also changing and so are the printing devices. There is something definitely wrong with the printer if it is not working or the spooler of the printer is struck. Before, we move on to How to Fix Print Spooler not Running / Working, let us find out the reasons behind this error:
- The spooler is not able to start the service.
- Driver issues.
- Any external particle struck inside the spooler.
- The spooler is not able to run.
- Faulty wires.
How to Fix Print Spooler not Running / Working
The route to troubleshoot this issue is simple yet effective. All you have to do is follow a few simple and easy to perform methods that will allow you to fix this issue and get your printer spooler back into the running or working mode. So, here are the Tips to Fix Print Spooler not Running / Working:
Restart the Printer Spooler Service
The very first thing that you need to do if the spooler of your printer is not working is to restart the Print Spooler service. Here are the steps that you need to follow to perform this method:
- Start the process by opening the Run dialog box.
- Press the Windows + R button to open the Run Command box.
- Once done, in the space type the command “services.msc” and press Ok.
- This will open the Services.
- From the list of services, find the Print Spooler and click right on it to choose the Properties option.
- Now, change the Startup type and make it Automatic under the General tab.
- Once done, click on Start and press Ok to confirm the changes.
- Now, check the issue has been fixed or not.
Run Printer Troubleshooter
If the above method did not come to your rescue, then you can try to run the printer troubleshoot to fix this issue. Windows 10 comes with an in-built printer troubleshooter that can automatically detect and eradicate incorrect settings and issues. So, here are the Tips to Fix Print Spooler not Running / Working:
- Start by the press in the Windows + X button.
- Choose the Settings option.
- Once done, in the search box type Troubleshoot and select Troubleshooting Settings.
- Now, find the Printer Troubleshooter. Click on it and follow all the instructions.
- Let the process of detecting and fixing the problem get completed.
- Once done, check whether the issue has been fixed or not.
Alternative Methods to Fix Print Spooler not Running / Working
If you find the above methods difficult to perform, then try out the methods mentioned below. Here is How to Fix Print Spooler not Running / Working:
- Set printer spooler service to automatic.
- Update drivers.
- Delete the files of the printer spooler.
- Restart the printer spooler.
So, these are the simple Tricks to Fix Print Spooler not Running / Working. We hope you liked this write-up and by following the methods provided in the blog, you are able to fix this issue and get your printer spooler back into running mode. If you want more assistance, then dial 800-742-9005 or write us your query via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to talk to our experts.