Why Isn’t My Brother Scanner Connecting To My Computer – Brother is a splendid name in the world of printers. The printing gadgets offered by Brother are known for their reliable working, fast scanning, ink-saving technology, and user-friendly interface. They allow the user to scan, copy and fax the documents within seconds. Due to such features, they are highly recommended for home and official use. But don’t forget they are electronic devices and they are prone to encounter technical malfunctions. If you are a Brother Printer user and wondering Why Isn’t My Brother Scanner Connecting To My Computer, then read this blog till the end.
Errors and defects are common with electronic devices, especially printers. Heavy usage, miss handling, or any internal issue can cause hassle for the user to continue using the printer. This blog by Tech Support Expert is entirely dedicated to addressing the most common concern Why Isn’t My Brother Scanner Connecting To My Computer. If you can relate to this situation and your device’s scanner is unable to connect with a computer, then reading this blog will be a great decision.
Tech Support Expert is a splendid online platform that is famous for providing remarkable technical assistance to customers. The company is operated by a panel of skilled and reliable technical support staff who holds rich expertise in providing technical support. Our team is experienced and always take extra precaution to protect the customer’s data and provide the best technical troubleshooting.
If you are looking to get rid of any technical malfunction, then do contact us. Dial 800-742-9005 or write us your query via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make sure to fix your concern with utmost importance.
Reasons Why Brother Scanner is Not Connecting To Computer
The scanner is one of the key components of Brother Printers. This functionality has attracted lots of individuals to invest in Brother Printer. But any internal glitch can cause trouble with the printer scanner. Thus, before we move to the troubleshooting steps, let us find out Why Isn’t My Brother Scanner Connecting To My Computer:
- Outdated or corrupted drivers.
- Loose connections.
- Hardware issues.
- Issues related to IP.
All the Brother users wondering Why Isn’t My Brother Scanner Connecting To My Computer, can read this section of the article to fix their issue. Here, in this part of the blog, we will teach you the simple ways to get your Brother printer into a working state.
Set Default IP Address
In case your device’s scanner is unable to connect to your computer, then you need to get the IP Address if the printer. You can do this by printing a list of network configurations including the settings of the network print server.
- Switch on the Brother printer.
- Move to the Settings and click on Printers & scanners.
- Once done, click on the Brother Printer/Scanner option and choose the Printer Properties option.
- Now, hit the Network option and insert the IP address of the printer or scanner.
- Once done with all the steps, press Ok.
Power Cycle the Brother Printer
Power cycling the printer is one of the best things to do if you are wondering Why Isn’t My Brother Scanner Connecting To My Computer. Here is how you can fix this issue with this method:
- Turn the Brother Printer off.
- Remove all the wires attached to the device including the USB cable and the power cord as well.
- Wait for a few seconds before proceeding further.
- Now, reinsert all the wires to the device including the USB cable and the power cord as well.
- Turn the Brother Printer back on.
- Now, check whether the issue has been fixed or not.
Inspect Scanner Drivers of Brother printer
Drivers play a crucial role in the functioning of the printer. Corrupted or outdated scanner drivers of the printer can refuse the scanner to work properly and connect to the computer. So, if you are thinking Why Isn’t My Brother Scanner Connecting To My Computer, then here is how you can fix it:
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Open the scanner list.
- Enter Scanner inside the control Panel search box and click on View Scanners and cameras.
- Now, search for the Brother Printer scanner logo.
- In case the drivers are not available, then open the Web Browser and navigate to the Official Brother Website.
- Move to the Download section and download the newest and compatible printer drivers.
So, if you are thinking Why Isn’t My Brother Scanner Connecting To My Computer, then you can try out the methods mentioned above and get back your device into the working state. We hope that you liked this write-up and if you want the experts to address your concern, then dial 800-742-9005 or send us your query via email at email@example.com.