Troubleshooting a Network Communication Failure Issue in Lexmark – Printers have a ubiquitous role in running any business or other organization. Lexmark has earned a reputable name in the market for its durable and top-notch range of printers. It is also common for electronic devices to malfunction due to some internal or network error. If you are struggling to troubleshoot a network communication failure issue in the Lexmark printer, Tech Support has compiled an informative guide for you. In this guide, you will discover simple and effective techniques for troubleshooting a network communication failure issue in Lexmark.
Tech Support Expert is a reliable name for getting assistance in virus removal, operating system and software installation and issue fixing, password resets, hardware and memory installation done on the spot. The guidelines included in this blog help you in troubleshooting a network communication failure issue in Lexmark. In case you are unable to resolve the issue with these instructions, you shall contact a well-experienced and skilled technician to troubleshoot the issue for you. Read through the blog to learn more about troubleshooting a network communication failure issue in Lexmark.
Common Causes of Network Communication Failure Issues in Lexmark
Lexmark printers are heavily used for their quick and affordable printing solutions. However, it is common for printers to act up due to several issues. Network communication is among the commonly seen errors faced while using printers. Network communication failure usually occurs when the printer is unable to properly connect and communicate with other devices on the same network, such as your computer or the server. The issue can be caused by several possible reasons working to cause the problem of network communication.
To fix any issue it is first important to identify the possible causes. The various possible reasons that might be causing network communication failure issues in Lexmark printers are mentioned as follows:
- Connectivity issue with the Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
- Printer’s IP address conflicts with other devices on the network.
- Firewall or security software blocking the communication with the printers.
- Printer driver issues due to outdated or incorrect drivers.
- Network configuration issues.
- Network traffic or bandwidth issues.
- Outdated printer firmware
- Incompatible printer protocols to network protocols.
- Physical or electronic interference disrupting Wi-Fi signals.
How to Troubleshoot a Network Communication Failure Issue in Lexmark
It is common for printers to show several errors caused due to network or other reasons. After identifying the main reason causing the network communication failure issues in the Lexmark printer it is essential to follow the necessary troubleshooting techniques to fix the network communication failure issue in Lexmark. Follow the steps given below to troubleshoot the issue yourself and save the money and time wasted in hiring a technician for the same.
Restart Your Printer
The first and the most simple troubleshooting technique is to restart your printer. Turn off the printer and turn it on again after a minute. Make sure that the printer is in the Ready state, otherwise capture the error message and restart the printer once more.
Check the Connection Between the Printer and Your Device
If your printer is not correctly connected to your device it can lead to the network communication failure issue in Lexmark. Follow the steps given below to ensure the connection between the printer and your device.
- Ensure that you are using a known working Ethernet cable.
- Make sure that the Ethernet cable is connected at the back of the printer to the network router, switch, or other network source to which the computer is also connected.
- Make sure that the Network Interface Card (NIC) LED light is lit up at the back of the printer. if the LED light is not lit, re-seat the network cable from the printer and network source
- Use a different network port from the network source.
Review Network Connection Settings with Network Set Up Page
Another way to troubleshoot the network communication failure issue in Lexmark is by printing the network setup page to review the network connections properly. Follow the steps given below to troubleshoot the network communication failure.
- Press Menu or Settings > Reports > Network Setup Page.
- Capture the error message and search for the error message in the Lexmark Support Site.
- Make sure that the Status is Connected.
- Under the TCP/IP section, Capture the IP address, Netmask, Gateway, and Address Source.
- Make sure that the Enable DHCP, Enable BootP, Enable RARP, and Enable AutoIP are set to On if the printer gets its IP address from these servers.
Check the Printer and Computer Communication
You can also face a network issue if your Lexmark printer is not properly connected to your devices or computer. You can check if this is the main issue by following the steps given below:
- Open any internet browser (Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer, Firefox, etc.) from your computer. On the address bar, type the printer IP address and the Embedded Web Server (EWS) appears.
- From the Windows OS computer, open Command Prompt. Type “ping” followed by the printer IP address, and press Enter. If successful, reply from printer displays.
- From a Mac or Linux OS computer, open Terminal. Type “ping” followed by the printer IP address, and press Enter. If successful, reply from printer displays.
Troubleshooting a network communication failure issue in Lexmark printers can be easily done with the steps given in this blog. If you are unable to resolve the issue with these troubleshooting guidelines you can also reach out to the Lexmark support team or contact Tech Support Experts.