How to Fix “This Device Cannot Start (code 10)” Error – Do you own Belkin wireless router? Are you facing technical errors with your device? Is your router showing Error Code 10? If the answer to the above is yes, then do consider reading this blog till the end to find out How to Fix “This Device Cannot Start (code 10)” Error. Belkin is a wonderful device that you will find in almost every common household. It is designed by Belkin engineers to provide you with seamless internet and connectivity to your home and office. But like any other electronic device, these routers are also prone to encounter technical problems.
It is quite common for electronic devices to face technical glitches such as the inability of the device to start. These technical errors can halt the device’s performance and can also interfere with router connectivity as well. Recently, the cases of Belkin Router unable to start have been reported by plenty of Belkin users across the globe. This error is common with Belkin devices and it does not allow the devie to start and function properly. It occurs when the device manager simply is not able to start the hardware device. It could occur due to corrupted or outdated drivers. However, it can be fixed by adhering to a simple series of troubleshooting steps. In this blog, we will cover the methods that will allow you to Fix Belkin Router Error Code 10.
Tech Support Expert is a one-stop solution to get reliable and fast technical help. We have a superb team of technical experts and troubleshooting staff that work round the clock to resolve the customer’s concerns and provide reliable technical support. To get in touch with us, call us at 800-742-9005 or write us your query via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here is How to Fix “This Device Cannot Start (code 10)” Error
The wait for the Belking users who are facing the error code 10 with their devices ends here. Here, in this section, we will walk you around a few methods that will allow you to fix this problem and get back your device into a working state. The methods that we have mentioned down below need to be performed in the exact same manner as they are mentioned to get the best results. It is advised not to skip anything in between as it can halt the troubleshooting process.
Method 1: Restart your Computer
This is the first and foremost method that you need to try if your device is unable to start. Restarting the system itself can fix some of the minor technical glitches associated with the device including Error Code 10. So, Here is how you can Fix Belkin Router Error Code 10 through this method:
- Press the Windows button or click on the Windows logo located at the bottom left-hand side of your screen.
- Once done, click on the power button.
- Now, choose the option Restart.
- Wait for a few seconds and let the computer restart.
- Once the computer is up again, check whether the issue has been fixed or not.
If in case, the issue still persists, then you can move on to the next method to get rid of Error Code 10.
Method 2: Update Divers
If you haven’t updated the drivers of your device, then chances are you will get this error. Thus, it is recommended to update the drivers to get rid of this error. So, here is how you can Fix Belkin Router Error Code 10 through this method:
- Remove all external devices attached to your system.
- Right-click on Windows and hit the option Device manager.
- From the list, choose the device for which you want to update drivers.
- Expand the device and click right on it.
- Now, choose the option Update Driver
- Follow all the steps to update the drivers.
Method 3: Run the Device and Hardware Troubleshooter
This feature is by default available in the system and it allows tracking the exact location of the error and fixing it. So, here is How to Fix “This Device Cannot Start (code 10)” Error through this method:
- Start the process by opening the Run Command Box.
- Press the Windows + R button from your keyboard to open Run Command Box.
- Now, type the command: msdt.exe – id DeviceDiagnostic and hit Enter.
- A new window will appear.
- Press Next.
- Once done, let Windows diagnose the issue.
- Now, check whether the problem has been fixed or not. If not, then move to the third method.
Method 4: Roll Back the Drivers of the Device
If the above three methods did not get this issue fixed, then it is recommended to roll back the faulty drivers of the device. So, here is how you can Fix Belkin Router Error Code 10 through this method:
- Unplug all the external devices attached to the system.
- Now, hit the Windows option, and from the list choose the option Device Manager.
- Once cone, choose the device for which you want to roll back the drivers.
- Click right on the selection and choose the option Properties.
- Now, move to the Driver tab and hit the option Roll Back Drivers.
So, this is How to Fix “This Device Cannot Start (code 10)” Error. We hope you liked this blog and you have got the information that you were searching for. If in case you find it difficult to perform the methods mentioned above, then feel free to call us at 800-742-9005 or send us your query via email at email@example.com.