How to connect your printer to your Chromebook – A Chromebook is a specialized operating system designed by Google to rely more heavily on connected and cloud-based services than old/traditional operating systems like macOS or Windows. It is a portable computer running ChromeOS and Chromebooks look nearly identical to most notebooks or laptops but generally include less powerful hardware due to their reliance on cloud-based services instead of locally installed software that needs more horsepower. A Chromebook is a type of laptop and computer that runs on Google’s Chrome operating system. They offer a simple, fast and secure computing experience.
In this ever-evolving era of technology, Chromebooks have become famous for their user-friendly features, speed and reliability. But sometimes connecting exteriors like printers might seem like a tough task for users. Fear not, as this article by Tech Support experts is a Comprehensive guide for you. We are here to guide you about how to connect your printer to your Chromebook. We will ensure that you can print easily from your Chromebook without a hitch after following some simple steps.
How to connect your printer to your Chromebook
Check the printer’s capacity
Before you start, ensure that your printer is compatible with Chrome OS or not. Most modern printers are compatible, but it’s always a good trick to check the manufacturer’s website or user manual to confirm compatibility. After that, you easily connect your printer to your Chromebook
- Firstly Connect the printer to your Chromebook with a USB cable or Wi-Fi connection to complete the setup. No additional drivers or apps are required to set up your printer.
- Update the Chromebook to the most current version of Chrome OS, so that your printer connects easily with your Chromebook.
- Connect the printer to the same network that the Chromebook is connected to, you can also use a direct USB connection.
- Wi-Fi connection for printers with a touchscreen control panel-Open the Setup, Wireless settings menu select Wireless Setup Wizard, and then follow the instructions to select the name of the network and enter the password.
- Wi-Fi connection for most printers without a touchscreen control panel- Press and hold the Wireless button for approximately five seconds or until the wireless light starts to flash. After two minutes press and hold the WPS button on the router until the connection process begins. The printer’s wireless light will stop flashing when the connection completes.
- Wi-Fi connections are different in several printers Press and hold the Wi-Fi button and the Power button on the back of the printer for five seconds till the blue bar flashes. Then, press and hold the WPS button on the router until the connection process begins. The blue bar starts flashing when the connection completes.
- A wired network connection is the network cable to the printer’s wired network port and an available port on the access point or router. Check the printer port, the orange activity light should blink and the green light should be steady.
- USB connection- Connect the cable to the USB port on the back of the printer and an available port on the Chromebook.
- On the Chromebook, first click the clock in the bottom right corner, and then click the Settings icon.
- Scroll to the bottom of the screen after that click on Advanced.
- After that Under Printing, click Printers > Add Printer.
- Under “Available printers to save,” next to your printer, click on select Save.
- Then Check that your printer appears at the top, under “Saved printers.”
Print From Chromebook
You can easily print any document, photos, email and webpages through the supported apps and Chrome browser. For this, you must follow these simple steps,
- Open the document, or photo that you want to print.
- Click on the Chrome browser’s settings icon after that select print.
- Click on change and then select your printer.
- Change print settings according to your requirements.
- Click on print.
Additional Tips To Connect your Printer to your Chromebook
Connecting a printer to a Chromebook is a very simple process with the help of the mentioned guide but it depends on the printer model and its compatibility with Chrome OS. Here are some additional tips to help you connect your printer to your Chromebook
- Use the CUPS printing system, several printers might be compatible with cups. To set up this you need to go to Settings>Advanced>Printing> Printers> Add Printer. You must enter the IP Address
- If your printer did not display on the screen then turn your Wi-Fi off and on
With this guide by a Tech Support Expert, you will not face any difficulty in connecting your printer to your Chromebook. We have explained in great detail How to connect your printer to your Chromebook. However, if you face any difficulty in connecting your Chromebook you can always consult our tech experts. our experts are always ready to help you troubleshoot simple and daily technology operations to simplify your routine without any trouble.