How to Configure a Network Printer in Windows 8? – Technology has made the life of humans very easy. Today we don’t have to rush outside our homes to complete various tasks. By sitting at our place we can accomplish our goals through mobile phones, laptops, printers etc. Earlier people are not much familiar about the functionality of printers. But as the technology goes up, the printer comes up with advanced features and functions. And this attracts the working people and students. However, printers cause some issues which frustrate the users and therefore we are here with our team of experts to guide you. In this blog post, we are providing solution on How to Configure a Network Printer in Windows 8?
Tech Support Expert is the team of skilled and knowledgeable professionals who assist us to provide the best customer support services. The company is providing a step-by-step guide on every printers issue of customers. Our services are available 24/7 for you and thus you can connect with us anytime. Configuring the printer is not an easy task especially for the non-tech savvy person and therefore we are providing the various methods to fix it. Read our blog regarding How to Configure a Network Printer in Windows 8?
For any further assistance regarding printers or to know more about our services, feel free to give us a call at our toll-free number 800-742-9005. You can also mail us at email@example.com.
Easy Steps and Guideline to Configure the Network Printer in Windows 8
Here we are providing you with the simple steps to set up the network printer in windows 8:
- First of all, ensure that your printer is powered on and connected to the network.
- When your printer is ready, from the Start menu navigate to Control Panel.
- In the Control Panel select Hardware and Sound. Under this section click on “View Devices and Printers”.
- Then in the new window select the option to ‘Add a Printer’ that can be found on top.
- From the new window select “Add a network, Bluetooth printer or wireless”. Now your printer will start scanning for any printers available in your network.
- Once your system finds the printer that you want to configure, select it from the list and click on Next to set it up.
In case the system fails to find the required printer, click on “The printer that I want isn’t listed”. Now this will open a new window.
- In case the printer is not found then you will have the following options like Browse for a printer, Add a Bluetooth printer, Add a printer using IP address or TCP, or select a shared printer by name.
Alternative Ways to Configure Network Printer in Windows 8
- If you know the printer name as well as the connected computer name then you can select the second radio button. You will require to type the Printer name and Computer name as follows: “\\ComputerName\PrinterName.”
- If you know the IP address of the printer then select the third radio button and click on Next. On the next window, enter the IP address or Hostname of the printer. With the provided IP address, the system will now start searching for the devices.
- When the printer is found, select it and click on Next to configure it for use.
- The issue while configuring a network printer in Windows 8 might also occur when there is trouble in device drivers.
- Almost all the printers come with a CD driver and to find the driver in your system you can use this CD. You just have to select the folders which contain the installation files from the disc when prompted a network printer in windows.
- You can also select an option to let the system search for the latest driver online. But most of the time system fails to find the same, therefore it is always a better choice to install the driver from the CD provided by the manufacturer.
Best Technical Support for Printers
Tech Support Expert is the best technology company who has served hundreds and thousands of customers. The company is providing the best guidance and advice on printers and their issues. By approaching us you can solve your various printer issues within no time. Our certified experts are also helping you via Live Chat. Just send us a message and get the solution for your printer issues. Without any hesitation give us a call at our toll-free number 800-742-9005.