Fixed “Operation Failed With Error 0x00004005” Printer Error – Tech devices have taken an irreplaceable place in our lives. Even for the simplest task, we are now dependent on technology and several technical operations. However, with an increased dependence on these devices, it has also become common to encounter several errors that can be frustrating. You can save your time and effort wasted in calling an expert and getting the issue fixed by becoming aware of the basic troubleshooting techniques. If you are facing Operation Failed With Error 0x00004005″ Printer Error in your Windows 10, you can get it quickly fixed with this comprehensive guide by Tech Support Expert.
Tech Support Expert is a computer support and service provider based in California, U.S. We have a comprehensive step-by-step guide to equip you with accurate and practical troubleshooting techniques to fix “Operation Failed With Error 0x00004005” Printer Error. All the guidelines are thoroughly explained and are easy to understand and adapt. This error can be caused by several issues such as printer connections, driver issues, or problems with the printing settings.
Common Causes of Operation Failed With Error 0x00004005 Printer Error
Operation Failed With Error 0x00004005 Printer Error is a common error seen in Windows 10 connected with the printers. To fix this error it is essential to first identify the possible causes of the printer issue that are required to resolve the issue. A key point that should be noted is that Operation Failed With Error 0x00004005 Printer Error is not caused by a single error, rather it is the result of various underlying issues. Hence it becomes important to be aware of the underlying issues responsible for this printer error. Let’s begin by first discussing the common causes of Operation Failed With Error 0x00004005 Printer Error:
- Printer Connection Issues
- Network Configuration Problems
- Operating System Compatibility Issues
- Multiple print commands in the queue
- Outdated or incompatible drivers
- Corrupted system files
- Incorrect printer settings
How to Fix Operation Failed With Error 0x00004005 Printer Error
Printer problems are a pain in the nose for Windows 10 or 11 users. The error 0x00004005 or similar errors appear when you are trying to add a shared network printer to the laptop or computer. However, you can easily troubleshoot this issue by altering a few settings, configurations, or registry entries. Read through the steps given below to easily resolve the issue of Operation Failed With Error 0x00004005 Printer Error.
Test the Printer Troubleshooter
Most of the time you can troubleshoot the issue by running the printer’s troubleshoot feature. It is a default program that detects the print spooler and other necessary services automatically and corrects them if required. Follow the steps given below to perform the steps:
- Click on the Windows key.
- Type “troubleshoot.”
- Hit Enter.
- When the Settings app appears, click on – Additional troubleshooter.
- Click on Printer.
- Now click on Run the Troubleshooter
- Follow the instructions shared.
- Restart your system to check if the Printer Operation failed with error 0x00004005 is resolved.
Uninstall and Reinstall the Printer Driver
The issues in the software of the printer or in Widows can also be responsible for causing 0x00004005 Printer Error. The printer driver is the most important component of the printer that connects the Windows PC and printer. You can fix this issue by uninstalling or reinstalling the printer driver. Follow the steps given below to complete this troubleshooting step.
- Right-click on the Start.
- Select Device Manager.
- Go to the Printer and double-click on it to expand.
- On the device right-click and select – Uninstall device.
- Click on the option of Uninstall.
- Reboot the computer and check if the error is resolved.
Configure the LAN Manager Authentication Level
It is common for the Operation Failed With Error 0x00004005″ Printer Error to occur due to incorrect configuration of the network security settings. Follow the steps given below to troubleshoot the issue:
- Press Windows.
- Type – gpedit. msc.
- Go to “Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Local Policies > Security Options > Network security: LAN Manager authentication level”
- Double click on Network security: LAN Manager authentication level.
- On the properties window, click on the drop-down.
- Select – “Send LM and NTLM – Use NTLMv2 session security if negotiated”.
- Click on Apply and OK.
Try Adding the Printer Manually
If all the methods fail to resolve your Operation Failed With Error 0x00004005″ Printer Error you can resort to the last option of adding the printer manually on your Windows. Both the latest version of Windows 10 and 11 allows you to manually add your printer in the device settings of your system. You can add your printer manually by performing the steps given below:
- Press Winkey+I.
- Go to Devices.
- From the next page of Settings, select – Printers & scanners from the left pane.
- Click Add a printer or scanner from the right.
- After a while you will see a link – The printer that I want isn’t listed.
- Check the box for – Add a printer using a TCP/IP address or hostname.
- Click on Next.
- On the next window, type Hostname or IP address.
- Write the Port name and click on Next.
- Follow the instructions on the screen and connect the printer.
Operation Failed With Error 0x00004005 is a commonly encountered error that can be easily fixed using a few easy steps. At Tech Support We fully support our customers and offer customizable tech solutions. With this blog on Operation Failed With Error 0x00004005 Printer Error you will face no difficulty in easily troubleshooting the printer connection issue.