How to Update Firmware on Your Netgear Product? – Updating the router firmware is as necessary as updating any device’s firmware. There are several advantages of updating the firmware such as you will get many features and security improvements. Moreover, it also improves the performance of your device. There are many router users who want to update their router but they couldn’t as they are not well-familiar with the technical glitches. But you don’t have to worry when our team of experts are here to provide you steps regarding How to Update Firmware in Your Netgear Product?
Routers are an integral part of the network connections. Without these devices, there can be no network connections. In the technology world, there is a wide need of the internet and that is why they serve as an important facet. There is two process of updating the firmware on your Netgear router, one is automated and the other one is a manual method. These routers keep all the mobile devices connected, controls the network and remote management. Netgear routers give the extensive range of speed and features to meet your need of the internet in office, home and schools etc. Many customers do not know about How to Update Firmware on Your Netgear Router? That is why we thought of providing the steps to update it through this article.
Tech Support Expert assures you to provide the valuable services within time. In case you want to get any information regarding our company or want any kind of assistance. Do not hesitate to call us at our toll-free number 800-742-9005 or you can also drop us a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Simple Steps to Update the Firmware on Your Netgear Product
- The first thing you have to do is find the router’s address in your browser.
- Now check the router for the address. Access the router by entering its IP address into your web browser. Most of the routers have the IP address printed on the sticker which is pasted on the bottom. If your router doesn’t have the IP address then you have to follow these instructions:
- Open the start menu on screen and then type the “network status”. Then the “view network status and tasks” window will open.
- In the top right corner click on the name of your present connection. It will acquire an icon indicating the type of connection you are using i.e, Wi-Fi, Ethernet etc. Ensure that you are connected to the router’s network.
- In the window that appears click on the “details” button. The list will display to you.
- From the list find the IPv4 default gateway entry. Check that the IP address you listed here is your router’s IP address. Now install the router update.
Other Steps to Update the Firmware on Your Netgear Router
- Firstly download the desired firmware version from Netgear’s support website. Then in the search box enter your router model number. Click on the “Download Now” link and download the firmware.
- Next, you have to do is open a new web browser tab and for the Netgear router navigate to the web-based administration panel.
- Using your router’s administrative username and password log in to the administration panel. For all the Netgear’s router, the default username and password are “admin” and “password” accordingly. After login, the old users will see the Netgear Smart Wizard interface and new users will see the Netgear Genie interface.
- Under the Administration heading on the left screen if you are using Genie interface, click the advanced tab and click “firmware update”. On the other hand, click on the”router upgrade” link provided under the maintenance heading on the left of the screen if you are using the “smart wizard interface”.
- Click the “choose file” button and double click on the download option.
- Now click on the upload button to upload the firmware file that you have downloaded from the Netgear’s website.
Instant Online Netgear Router Support
Tech support Expert provides the valuable services regarding Netgear router. We hire the best technical specialist to provide easy and simple steps to fix your router issued within no time. You can easily perform our provided steps manually by sitting at your place. We provide 24/7 router services for any kind of assistance. Adding to this all our services are provided at pocket-friendly prices. You can contact us anytime regarding any router services by dialing our toll-free number 800-742-9005. The company has adopted a hassle-free way of communication by which you can easily get in touch with our team of experts.