How to Reboot Netgear Router – Netgear is a world-renowned manufacturer of routers and many other networking devices. The most recognition it gained with its routers, being popular for providing a stable Wi-Fi Connection, good range, and connectivity power of multiple devices. Their router never gives you regret. Though they work fine all day long, people often find ways of resetting the Netgear routers. Many of us don’t know How to Reboot Netgear Router.
Rebooting the Netgear router is not that straightforward for non-technical users. Once you get a chance to read this fixation guide, you will be familiar with various methods to reboot your Netgear router. If the problems associated with your Netgear router ghost you and you want all the ways of resetting a Netgear router in one place, Tech Support Expert has got you covered. This article explains How To Reboot a Netgear Router when it stops working. Read on. Know more.
If you are a victim of persistent technical issues and are blank about resolving issues on your own, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Tech Support Expert. We have a team of professionals with substantial experience in technology. With professionals by your side, you can fix any sort of issue associated with your tech gadgets in a matter of minutes.
Reach out to us to know how we can help you with your technical issues. Dial 800-742-9005 toll-free or drop your query at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When Should You Reboot Your Device?
Folks treat their wireless router as computing workhorses. They often forget to maintain them well. This way ensures the smooth functioning of your Netgear router. They get buggy or flaky over time or if they are on for so long. In addition, they overheat if you don’t treat them properly. Hence, you have to reboot your router regularly for a healthy life.
Reboot Your Router If:-
- Netgear router starts to overheat
- Accumulated short-term data
- You face connectivity issues
- It becomes flaky or buggy
Keep rebooting your router regularly to keep it in a healthy condition. In addition, you can place it in an area with good air circulation to prevent overheating issues. Also, replace your router every 3-5 years to keep up with the technology.
Step by Step Guide To Reboot Netgear Router
Rebooting comprises restarting your device without affecting any personalized settings. When rebooting a router, you need to reboot your modem as well. To perform a power cycle with your Netgear Router, follow the below-listed steps:
- Firstly, cut the power supply of your modem and router
- After waiting for at least 30 seconds, plug in the modem
- Once you plug in the modem, power your router
- See if rebooting your Netgear router resolves your issues
Reboot Your Netgear Router Through Web Interface
The steps of rebooting a Netgear router through the web interface are as follows:-
- Open a web browser on your PC or Mobile device connected to your router’s network
- Type www.routerlogin.net and hit enter.
- Login windows will display.
- Enter credentials and Log in.
- If logging in for the first time, try user name: admin and the passcode: password. The user name, as well as the password, are case-sensitive.
Note: If you are unable to log in or forgot your credentials, use the password recovery features to retrieve your password and username.
- Once you log in, Home Page or Dashboard will display.
- Click Advanced and then Reboot.
- If you have a Nighthawk pro gaming router, click three dots in the top right corner. Select Reboot.
- The rebooting process will take a few minutes.
- Wait for the rebooting process to complete.
When the rebooting process of your Netgear Router finishes, check if the problem resolves. However, if the problems persist, try a factory reset to resolve issues related to the internet and your Netgear router.
Steps to Factory Reset Netgear Router
If rebooting doesn’t work for you, factory reset your Netgear Router through the following steps:-
- Keep your Netgear Router ON when resetting.
- Find a small back hole on the back of your router.
- Press the reset button inside reset for at least seven seconds.
- Wait for 30 seconds for Your Netgear Router to restart.
- After waiting, your router will be ready with its factory settings.
- Login with the default user name and passcode mentioned on the bottom of your router.
Hopefully, the above-listed methods of rebooting a Netgear Router help you resolve the issues you are facing. These easy-to-apply steps are tested by experts and will surely work for you. However, if you get into trouble while performing a reboot of your Netgear Router or facing any other issues related to Netgear devices, contact our experts. They will help you reboot the Netgear router and all the issues related to your internet with their expertise and experience. If you would like to reach out to us, dial 800-742-9005 toll-free, or write an email to us at email@example.com.