How to fix Slow PC Issue? – Today computers have become the necessity of the people to accomplish their various goals. The youngsters and the businessman’s spent more time with their PC or laptops. It is acceptable that PC is the technical device and ought to get the issue because of your negligence or any other technical glitch. Most of the user faces the same issue that is the slow speed of the PC and are seeking for the quick solution. Therefore in this blog section, we are here to provide you with the 10 Quick Ways to Fix Slow PC Issue.
Tech Support Expert is a famous technical company that is providing the best technical support services across the globe. We are equipped with qualified professionals who are from the technical background and certified. Connect with us anytime and get a reliable solution by sitting at your place. Today we are here with the answer of the most asked question by our customers i.e, How to Fix Slow PC Issue?
Get in touch with us by dialling our toll-free number 800-742-9005 or you can also drop us a mail at email@example.com.
10 Quick Ways to Fix Slow PC Issue
- Close the Unwanted Programs
- Check the Version of Drivers
- Check the Viruses and Malware
- Defragment your Hard Disk
- Empty the Disk Space
- Relieve your Web Browser
- Minimize Animations
- Deactivate the Startup Programs
- Close Programs Running in the Background
- Rest your PC
How to Fix Slow PC Issue?
Here are some methods or 10 quick ways to fix slow PC issue. Follow these methods and speed up the performance of your PC within no time.
Method 1 – Close the Unwanted Programs
Your PC might be running slow because you have opened soo many programs that are using 99% of your CPU resources. If suddenly your PC starts running slow then it means that application running on it using a large amount of memory, making your PC to swap to disk.
To find out:
- First of all open the task manager.
- Right-click the taskbar and select the “Task Manager” option or directly press Ctrl+Shift+Escape to open it.
- Click the CPU, Memory and Disk headers to sort the list by applications that using the most resources.
- If an application is using the most resources then close it. Select it and click “End task” to close it.
Method 2 – Check the Version of Drivers
If you experienced the slow working of your PC then you must follow the steps provided below.
Usually, the window speeds slowdowns because of the outdated version of the drivers. You must update the driver with the latest version for the smooth functioning of your PC.
Follow the below steps to check the drivers of your computer:
- First of all press the Windows key + R.
- Then type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
- Check the drivers especially the Display Drivers. Double click the Display Adaptors and after that double click your display device.
- Now click on the drivers’ tab.
Look at the information given on the drivers’ tab. If the driver is changed then definitely it is the one which is making the speed slow of PC.
- Click on uninstall button and follow the on-screen instructions.
- After the driver is uninstalled, you can download and install it.
If the issue persists, then update the drivers as well. Navigate to the manufacturer’s website and check the drivers latest versions. In case you get an updated driver then download the driver file and follow the below-given steps:
- Press the Windows key + R
- Then type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter
- Now double click on the Display Adaptors.
- Right-click your device and then click on update driver software.
- After that select browse my computer for driver software.
- Click on Browse and go the location where you downloaded the driver, select the driver and then click Open.
- Next, click on Next and follow the on-screen instructions.
Method 3 – Check the Viruses and Malware
Many times the speed of PC is slow because of the viruses. Usually, the virus and malware installed on your computer run on the background. These applications use the resources of your PC and internet as well which makes the working of your PC slow.
Open your antivirus program and do a deep scan of your PC. Make sure to not perform a quick scan as it is not efficient than deep scan.
In case you have not installed any antivirus on your PC then we will advise you to install Malwarebytes. As such it is very popular and makes the speed of the PC fast.
Method 4 – Defragment your Hard Disk
This is another method to speed up the performance of your PC. Sometimes the fragmentation happens which causes your PC to slow down. Lets us first understand what is fragmentation. Generally, the files on your driver get fragmented on your hard drive. It means that the part of your files is spread far on your hard drive. This makes your PC slow because it has to gather the parts of the file from the whole Hard Disk.
You can defragment it as windows come with the de-fragmentation utility that fixes this issue.
Method 5 – Empty the Disk Space
f your hard drive is filled and has no space then your computer will run slowly. You must delete some files to make some space in the hard drive. For this you don’t need any third-party software, just run the Disk Cleanup tool present in the Windows can fix the issue.
Method 6 – Relieve your Web Browser
If you use web browser too much then there are chances that it becomes slow. To speed up the performance of your web browser it is best to use a few extensions or add ons as possible. Navigate to your web browser’s extensions or Add ons manager and remove add-ons that you don’t need. This will prevent unimportant Flash content from using CPU time.
Method 7 – Minimize Animations
Windows uses few animations but those animations can make the working of your PC slow. For example: If you disable the animations windows can easily minimize and maximize windows instantly.
To disable the antivirus follow the below steps:
- First of all press the Windows key + X.
- Click on “Advanced System Settings” on the left and then under performance click on “Settings” button.
- Then choose under visual effects “Adjust for best performance” to disable the animations.
Method 8 – Deactivate the Startup Programs
It is better to prevent those applications from launching at startup to save memory as well as speed up the process.
In Windows 8. 8.1, and 10 there is a startup manager in the task manager that you can use to manage your startup programs. Right-click on the taskbar and select “Task Manager” to launch it. Click on the Startup tab and disable the startup applications that you don’t need. Windows will tell you which applications are making the speed of the PC slow.
Method 9 – Close Programs Running in the Background
Many applications or programs run in the notification area. These applications often start running in the background but remain and seen only in the shape of an arrow icon at the bottom-right corner of your screen. Near the system, right-click any program that you don’t want to run in the background and close them to speed up the PC.
Method 10 – Rest your PC
If the above methods don’t fix your PC working slow issue then follow the last method i.e, to reset the PC.
In the new versions of Windows you just have to use the “Reset your PC” feature built into windows to get a fresh Windows system. This will wipe your installed programs while keeping your files.
If you have any doubt regarding the windows or PC issue then feel free to give us a call at our toll-free number 800-742-9005.