How to Fix Scanner Error E1460-B305– The scanner is the most versatile for business associates. You can save any documents at any time and at any place. It is the Espomn printer that offers the service this, Being the most used multi-purpose printer it offers technical support to the people. But the use also comes with some errors, people have most of the time complaints about the error occurrence. One of the common errors faced in this is the Scanner Error E1460-B305.
This might cause a question of doubt in many people about How to Fix Scanner Error E1460-B305.
Tech Support Expert is here to provide you with a solution for How to Fix Scanner Error E1460-B305. With our expert’s advice, you can assuredly fix the problem on your own and without the use of help required by the professionals. A swe mention the criteria to solve the error, it is important from your side to follow each and every step and not miss any. This will ensure better results generation.
How to Fix Scanner Error E1460-B305?
Let us now understand the process of How to Fix Scanner Error E1460-B305. Commencing the solution by mentioning the steps, we want you to be patient and follow each step as mentioned in the guide.
Check If the Scanner is on Compatible Mode
The first step for How to Fix Scanner Error E1460-B305 is to see whether the Epson Scanner is in the Compatible mode or not. A reason for its occurrence is that when an upgrade of the scanner is done, there are chance that the scanner can automatically go on compatible mode. To verify this, follow the steps below.
- Go the the Scanner icon on the desktop.
- Right-click and tap on properties.
- There you will see the compatibility tab, press on it.
- If Run this program in compatibility mode is selected, you need to unselect it.
- The next step is to press the Window + R icon and the key.
- Type services.msc and then press OK.
- Right-click on Windows Image Acquisition (WIA), and then click on Properties.
- Check if the Startup type is set to Automatic mode and whether the Service status to selected to Running or not.
- Finally, Apply > OK.
Now after performing this, check if the scanner has responded and if the error is gone or not.
Scanner Drive’s Update
Now the next step for How to Fix Scanner Error E1460-B305 is to check the updates of the scanner drive. Below are the steps mentioned for the purpose which will assist you in checking whether the drive is updated and if not, how can you perform it.
There are two ways of checking this.
Manual Drive Update- You can perform the process of Scanner Drive Updates manually. Visit the official website of Epson Scanner Drove, select Windows 10, and after checking your models, download the drives.
Automatic Update- Another process for the Epson Scanner drive update is the automatic Update process. The settings select the auto-update option.
More clarity on the steps
- Press Win+R and then type devmgmt.msc
- Double-click on Imaging Devices
- Search for scanner hardware, and then click on it.
- Click on update driver.
- Type “Browse my computer for driver software”
- Finally, press on download driver file,
- When the drive is downloaded, click on update.
- Restart the computer.
Enable WIA service
If you have performed each mentioned step above for How to Fix Scanner Error E1460-B305 but you are still unable to fix the error, here is other ways you can fix the issues.
- Go to the search box and Type services.
- Search for Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) that is present in the Windows search box.
- The next step is to click right and go to properties.
- You will notice an option called Startup type, Click on it and select Automatic
- Click on Start followed by OK and finally Apply the change.
Check the connection of the Scanner
When any of the steps is not offering you suitable results and hence it is causing a hurdle, How to Fix Scanner Error E1460-B305 becomes more important. If the connection of the scanner with a computer is interrupted or it is not as proper as required, it can cause a problem resulting in errors.
Here is how you can check this.
- Check the wire of the connection properly.
- Look whether any wire is broken.
- Disconnect the wires of the scanner and the computer.
- Reconnect the wires with the computer and check the working of the scanner again.
Connect with Tech Support Expert Today!
If you have any further problems with How to Fix Scanner Error E1460-B305 and looking for a solution to it, our technical support executive is here to help you at any hour. Kindly contact us today.