How to Fix Avast Stuck Update Issue in Windows 10 – Avast has cemented its name as the best brand delivering multispecialty computer-protecting software. This antivirus brand has developed a stronghold in the market by providing efficient and effective antivirus protection software. The antivirus offered by Avast provides 100% protection to the system from viruses to online malware attacks. However, users have reported few issues even with this amazing product and one such is Avast Stuck Update. We understand that technical issues can be annoying and that is why in this blog, our experts will tell you How to Fix Avast Stuck Update Issue in Windows 10.
Updating the Antivirus is a must for keeping your device safe from suspicious malware attracts and viruses. But at times Avast users have reported issues while updating the antivirus. Avast Antivirus getting struck during updates is a common practice. If you encounter such an issue, then there is nothing to worry about. You can follow some of the steps to fix this problem in no time. Through this blog by a Tech Support Expert, our experts will tell you methods on How to Fix Avast Stuck Update Issue in Windows 10.
“Tech Support Expert”, a reputed name that is famous for its hassle-free technical assistance. The company has a team of technical engineers who are skilled and well versed with Avast Antivirus related technical issues. If you are facing any issue with the Avast antivirus, then feel free to contact our technical experts anytime.
Our multitalented and skilled technical engineers are just one call away. Dial 800-742-9005 or send us your query through email at email@example.com to avail of our reliable and speedy technical assistance.
Method 1: Troubleshoot the Avast Antivirus
The first method to fix this problem is by trying to troubleshoot the application and fix the Avast Struck update in Windows 10. Below are the steps that you can try out if you are a Windows 10 user. But first, make sure to close all the other applications and antivirus (if any) running in the system. Once assured, try out the below-given methods to fix this technical glitch.
- Navigate to Start > Apps and Features.
- Choose the option “Apps & Features” > click on Avast Antivirus > Press the option “Uninstall”.
- Press Yes (If prompted by the User Account Control).
- Click on Repair > Yes (to authorize repair).
- Show some patience and let the system fix the Avast Antivirus.
- Now click on Done and Restart your System.
Once done with all the steps restart the system and try to check if the issue has been resolved or not. If not, then you can move on to the second method.
Method 2: Uninstall and Reinstall the Avast Antivirus
At times, the Avast users have fixed this error by uninstalling and reinstalling the setup. Sometimes a glitch with the installation of the antivirus can cause such as error. Thus, you can fix this problem by reinstalling the Avast antivirus.
Follow these steps to reinstall the application:
There are two ways by which you can perform this method. But make sure to adhere properly to all the steps. This will minimize any chance of deviation.
- Open Web Browser > navigate to Avast Official Website.
- Search Avast Uninstall Utility.
- Save the setup in your system.
- Once done launch the system in Safe Mode.
- Run the downloaded file named avastclear.exe.
- Let the application do complete the uninstallation process. Doing this will also clear the corrupted or damaged files.
- Restart the System once done with the last step.
- Now you can Download the Avast Antivirus from the Official Avast Website and install it.
- Launch the Run Command Box though command Windows + R.
- Type appwiz.cpl.
- Press Enter.
- Now fine the Avast Free Antivirus > Click on Uninstall.
- Once done, restart the system.
- Open Web Browser and navigate to the Official Avast Website.
- Look for the Download option.
- Click on Download and try to install the Avast Antivirus into your system.
To conclude things, this error can be caused because of many reasons and through the above mentioned two methods you can easily fix this problem.
Method 3: Fix By Performing Repair Process
As a last option, you can fix the Avast Stuck Update Issue in Windows 10 by following these steps:
- At first, go to Start > Control Panel.
- Here navigate to the View option (on the top right-hand side) and choose the option Large Icons from the drop-down list.
- Once done select the option Programs and features > choose Avast Antivirus > Click Right > Uninstall > Yes.
- Here, you will get three options. First is Repair, second is Update and the third is Modify.
- Choose the Repair option and let the system finish its work.
- Click on Done.
- Restart your system.
Get Reliable Technical Assistance for Avast Antivirus Problems
Tech Support Expert hopes that you find this blog useful and now you knew how to Fix the Avast Stuck Update Issue in Windows 10. For the future as well, if you face any technical glitch with Avast Antivirus or you face any other problem, then feel free to contact the best Tech Support Company, Tech Support Expert. All you need to do is dial 800-742-9005 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to contact our technical engineers.