Avast Antivirus Not Working On Windows – Avast Antivirus is popular software that has created its huge fan base in the world of network and security. It a highly renowned brand for antivirus that provides strong protection against all malware and viruses. Using this antivirus on regular basis will keep your system or device secured and clean. But there are users that have reported several issues even with this antivirus and one of them is antivirus not working. If you are also facing the issue of Avast Antivirus Not Working On Windows, then you need to read this blog till the end.
Avast Antivirus is a pretty common protection choice around the world. It provides complete protection to the computer or desktop but it also comes with several issues. One such issue is Avast Antivirus Not Working On Windows. If you also encounter such as issue then you definitely need to read this blog till the end. At first, we will tell you the reasons behind this issue and then will tell you some steps by which you can resolve the issue.
In the future as well if you face any sort of technical issue with Avast Antivirus or any other technical flaw, then do not hesitate to get in touch with Tech Support Expert for expert guidance. We are a reputed company that provides real-time technical support against all technical flaws.
You can call us at our toll-free number 800-742-9005 or write your query to us via an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reasons Behind Avast Antivirus Not Working On Windows
There could be many possible reasons that trigger such an issue. This flaw is not a new one as it is been encountered by users for a long time. However, we have done our research and shortlisted few reasons that affect most of the users. Knowing the possible reasons behind the issue will help to understand the problem and resolution as well.
Here are the reasons behind such an issue:
- The first possible reason could be the not accurately working Avast Antivirus.
- Inappropriate or incomplete installation.
- Corrupted Avast installation.
Fix Avast Antivirus Not Working On Windows
As we now knew the reasons behind this flaw, it would be easy to fix this problem. Luckily there are several steps that you can try to resolve this problem. But make sure to follow all the methods and steps in the same manner as mentioned. So without any delay, let’s get started!
Method 1: Uninstall and Reinstall the Avast Antivirus
The first thing that you need to try is to uninstall the antivirus completely from the system and reinstall it using the official setup. You can do this by following the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to Start > Control Panel > Program & Features > Uninstall.
- Follow all the screen instructions to uninstall the Avast Antivirus. Make sure that the antivirus is completely uninstalled and no file is remaining in the system or computer.
- Now reinstall the Avast Antivirus through the Avast Wizard.
- Click on Repair > Yes.
- Follow the instructions and let the system complete its work.
- Finish the setup and restart the system if prompted.
Now try to run the antivirus to check whether the issue has been fixed or not. If in case the issue has not been fixed, then move on to the second method.
Method 2: Power cycle Avast
The second method to try under such a scenario is to Restart or troubleshoot Avast. You can do this by adhering to the below-mentioned steps.
- Launch Run by pressing the Window + R key.
- Type msc.
- Click on
- Now go to Start > Control Panel > View by > Large Icons > Administrative Tools.
- Once done locate the Services shortcut > Open > Avast Antivirus > Properties (right-click on the logo).
- If the service has begun, stop it for now and leave it stopped.
- Now make sure that the option is set to Automatic under Startup type.
- Click on Start.
- If any error is received then you need to again follow steps 1-3 to launch the service properties window.
- Go to Log on > Browse.
- Here type the account’s name in the Enter the object name to select box.
- Select Check Names.
- Press Ok and enter the Password if prompted.
So these were the steps that can help you fix the issue in no time. We hope that you will find this blog to be useful and by following these steps you successfully resolved the issue.
Best Technical Assistance Provider | Tech Support Expert
Tech Support Expert is a team of highly skilled and trained technical experts who are familiar with all the technical flaws and problems related to Avast Antivirus. Our technical experts are educated and provided with best-in-class training to deliver quality assistance to the customers. People connect with us from several parts of the globe to seek real-time and quick technical assistance against their issues.
So always choose a tech Support Expert to get technical assistance. You can call us on our toll-free number 800-742-9005 or you can mail us also, write to us email@example.com.