How to Fix Avast Antivirus Not Scanning Issue – Avast Antivirus is a highly popular brand in the field of computer and system security. This antivirus application is used worldwide by millions of users. It has impressed everyone with its easy-to-operate interface, quality scanning, and features. Still, there are few errors that have been reported by many users with this application as well and one such error is the scanning issue. If you are facing this issue with your antivirus and wanted to know How to Fix Avast Antivirus Not Scanning Issue then you have reached the right spot.
Avast Antivirus is popular and widely used antivirus software that offers solid protection to the system from various suspicious malware and threats. But still, users suffer several issues with this application. Scanning issue with this application has become a common problem that is leading to a bad customer experience. So through this blog, we will discuss steps on How to Fix Avast Antivirus Not Scanning Issue. But first, let’s discuss the reasons behind this issue.
For the future as well if you face any technical issue related to the Avast Antivirus or any other technical flaw, do not hesitate to contact Tech Support Experts. We have an experienced team of highly trained technical experts who are well versed with the Avast Antivirus related to all the technical issues and flaws. Get real-time resolutions by simply contacting us.
You can reach us by dialing our toll-free number 800-742-9005 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reasons Behind this Issue
Before moving on to the troubleshooting steps, let’s first discuss the possible reasons causing scanning issues with Avast Antivirus. Knowing the reasons behind the issue can help to understand the issue properly and resolve it as well. So here are the reasons behind this issue:
- Incomplete antivirus installation.
- Inactivated services.
- Blockage from the firewall.
- Improper antivirus service.
Steps to Fix Avast Antivirus Not Scanning Issue
Going through the reasons makes resolving the problem a bit easier. Resolving technical flaws related to the antivirus becoming extremely important as the security of your system or device is at stake. So without any further delay, let us move on to the troubleshooting steps to Fix the Avast Antivirus Not Scanning Issue. But make sure to follow all the steps accurately as mentioned in the blog without skipping anything.
Solution 1: Repair Using Avast Setup
You can try to resolve this issue through the Avast Antivirus Setup wizard. Follow the following steps to perform this method.
- First thing is to ensure that no application is running in the system.
- Go to Start > Control Panel.
- From here click on Program > Uninstall a Program.
- Choose Avast Antivirus > Uninstall.
- Follow all the instructions to uninstall it.
- Click on Yes if asked for permission by User Account Control.
- Choose the option Repair when the Avast setup
- No wait for few seconds and then let the system do its work.
- Click on Done and restart the system after the completion of the repair process.
No check the status of the issue whether it has been resolved or not. If not then you can try out the second method.
Solution 2: Troubleshoot Avast Application
The second solution that you can try to fix this issue is by repairing the Avast Antivirus.
- Make sure to login as an administrator.
- Go to Start > Control Panel.
- From the top right-hand side, the corner chooses the option View Category.
- Now from the program section choose the option Uninstall a Program.
- Search for Avast Antivirus > uninstall/Repair.
- After choosing Repair click Next.
- Select Finish after receiving the confirmation message.
Once done will all the steps check the state is the issue by restarting the system. In case the issue is still not resolved, we recommend you to move on to the third step.
Solution 3: Reinstall the Avast Antivirus.
There are several instances when a simple clean reinstallation of the Avast Antivirus resolved the issues. Doing this will remove all the cache files and fix the errors associated with the application.
- Open the Web Browser.
- Go to Avast Website.
- Search for the compatible and latest version.
- Look for the download option,
- Follow all the instructions to download the newest version of Avast Antivirus.
- Once downloaded, restart the system in safe mode and launch the Run dialog.
- Press Window + R key.
- Type msconfig > press
- A system configuration box will open.
- Click on the boot option and check the safe boot option.
- Press Ok.
- Restart the system in safe mode.
Get Real-time Solutions For all Avast Antivirus Related Issues
These were all the solutions along with their steps that you can follow to Fix Avast Antivirus Not Scanning Issue. Our company hopes that you find out this blog helpful and your issue got resolved by using these solutions. For the future as well if you face any technical issue or flaw with Avast Antivirus, then choose Tech Support Expert for real-time and quick resolutions.
To avail of our marvelous technical support services dial 800-742-9005. Our lines are open 24*7 for you or you can write us a mail at email@example.com.