How to Keep a D-Link Router Secure – A signal from your Wireless Router travels through the air and can be picked up at a distant of hundreds of feet. Your network is automatically open to use by anyone nearby. Thus, it is strongly advised that you implement a few general security measures including encrypting the data on your network, restricting access, protecting your Service Set Identifier (SSID), maintaining antivirus software, installing a firewall, etc. If you want to protect threats on your D-Link Router and want to know How to Keep a D-Link Router Secure, then check out the methods discussed below.
D-Link Router is among the most reliable brands that are known to connect multiple devices and manage network traffic. It takes the shortest path possible between two devices that are attempting to communicate with each other. However, the security of your home and your computers can be greatly improved by sparing some time to configure your D-Link Router. To save your router from unwanted risks, you must secure it while performing some crucial practices. In this blog, we at Tech Support Expert have discussed How to Keep a D-Link Router Secure for all those individuals who own a D-Link Router and want to secure and protect their network.
If you have just encountered any sort of technical error and the issues do not seem to get resolved even after multiple trials, then get in touch with Tech Support Expert. We are the best technical support service provider in the industry that is known to provide remarkable, quick, and genuine technical help to all its customers. We are backed by hi-tech instruments and a team of experienced technical support staff who addresses customer concerns accurately and always travel the extra mile to resolve their concerns. Our clientele is widening over and over due to our impeccable services and instant replies. You can also rely upon us to get your issue fixed in the minimum possible time frame.
You may call us at 800-742-9005 or send us your query through email at firstname.lastname@example.org for a prompt solution to all your technical glitches.
How to Keep a D-Link Router Secure
Here in this section of the blog, we will teach you a few simple yet effective steps and methods that will allow you to secure your D-Link router from any uncertain threats. These steps can be performed at your house without any need for external support. However, make sure to follow all the steps in the same manner as mentioned to get the optimum result. So, without wasting any further time, lets’ move on to our discussion of How to Keep a D-Link Router Secure:
Primary Method to Secure D-Link Router
Setting a strong password that is impossible to guess can save your D-Link Router from a foul attack. This is the first method that you can perform to keep your D-Link Router Secure. However, it does not have to be highly difficult to remember. While you begin to set your password, keep the necessary instructions in mind given below:
- Passwords of Wireless Network should range from 8 to 12 characters or can be lengthier.
- Words from the dictionary should not be used.
- Make your password a little extra complex by adding at least 1 Capital Letter, 1 Small Letter, 1 Numeric, and 1 Symbol. It is better to substitute symbols for the letters like “@?123$Pc”.
- Do not enter information that is quite easy to guess like important dates, birthdays, anniversaries, names of friends, family, locations, etc.
Secondary Method to Secure D-Link Router
If you did not find the first method helpful, then you can try out the secondary method. This method involves a simple series of steps that shows How to Keep a D-Link Router Secure:
- Launch Web Browser and in the search bar enter 192.168.0.1 and press “Enter”. This will open the administrator login page.
- Now, in the search bar, enter admin and leave the password space blank. In case you have already set a password for your D-Link router, then enter that password.
- Once done, choose the option Wireless Settings.
- Up next, from the drop-down menu, choose “Security Mode”.
- Now, set the security mode for your router. WPA2 is recommended by Microsoft.
- Once done, enter the passphrase in the Passphrase field.
- Confirm the Passphrase in the passphrase field.
- Hit the save button to apply changes.
So, this is How to Keep a D-Link Router Secure. These are the easiest steps that will help you to secure your D-Link router in a versatile manner. In case, you find these steps difficult to understand or you face any trouble while performing these steps, or if you want the best team of troubleshooting experts to handle your concern, then contact us by calling at 800-742-9005 or write an email to us at email@example.com. Our tech geeks are working round-the-clock to address your queries as swiftly as possible.