How to Fix AVG Antivirus Not Scanning Issues – Is your AVG Antivirus not working properly? Are you facing trouble while scanning files or documents? If yes, then we will help you out. AVG Antivirus is one of the famous antivirus program that is famous for its all-round system protection, reliable scanning and quick threat elimination. Due to such qualities, it has become the bestselling antivirus program across the globe. But on few occasions even AVG Antivirus is not able to perform up to its maximum potential. If you are having hard time scanning your files and wanted to learn How to Fix AVG Antivirus Not Scanning Issues, then stay with us till the end.
Antivirus has always been an integral part of all devices. It help the user to keep their private data, login credential and entire system protected. But if your antivirus is not working properly, it means that your system is at risk! That is why fixing issues related to antivirus holds utmost importance. Through this blog, our experts will tell you How to Fix AVG Antivirus Not Scanning Issues. We will provide you complete literature that will help you to fix this issue at your home.
Tech Support Expert is a reliable platform to get remarkable technical assistance. We have a team of experts that holds vast expertise and exposure in providing quick technical support. Our professional approach and vision to resolve customer queries is what make us the best technical support provider. If you have encountered any technical issue and you want to get from the same, then immediately contact us.
Dial 800-742-9005 or send us your query via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to contact our experts.
Reasons Why AVG Antivirus Refuses to Scan
This part of the blog will cover the most common culprits behind this technical glitch. There could be many reasons why your antivirus refuses to scan any file or document. After conducting extensive research, our engineers figure out some common reasons behind this irritating issue. Such as:
- Any other Antivirus program already installed in system.
- Restrictions for Firewall.
- Incomplete antivirus installed.
- Outdated version.
- Corrupted files.
Now the question arises, How to Fix AVG Antivirus Not Scanning Issues? Well, we have the answer you need. The troubleshooting steps for which you have come here will surely be served to you.
Simple Methods to Fix AVG Antivirus Not Scanning Issues
Everyone wants to safeguard their system against viruses, malware, or spyware. But what if your antivirus is not working properly or unable to scan any file or important document? It means that your device safety is at risk and you need to immediately take serious action to fix the issue. No need to go any other place as this section of the blog will highlight How to Fix AVG Antivirus Not Scanning Issues.
First thing first. Sometimes minor software glitches can be easily be eradicated by rebooting the device. By doing this, you can fix many of the internal issues assoicated with your system. Therefore, it is recommended to first reboot your system to fix the scanning issue. Here is how you can perform this method:
- From your desktop navigate to Start.
- From here click on Power Button.
- Select the Restart option.
- Now let the device reboot itself.
- Once the system is completely rebooted, try to scan any document.
If you are able to scan using AVG Antivirus, then congratulations! You have fixed the issue. But in case this method did not come to your rescue, then try out the next method.
Reinstall AVG Antivirus
If rebooting the system did not work, the next thing to try out is to reinstall the program from your system. You also need to remove the pre-existing files of antivirus from your system as well. Once done, then you can navigate to the official AVG Antivirus website and install the latest version. So, How to Fix AVG Antivirus Not Scanning Issues? Simple by these methods:
- Start the process by navigating to Start > Control Panel.
- Now move towards Programs and Applications and click on Uninstall a Program.
- Click on AVG Antivirus and hit the Uninstall button.
- Uninstall AVG Antivirus by following all on-screen instructions.
- Now Open Web Browser > Navigate to AVG Antivirus > Move to Download section.
- Click on Download button.
- Install the application and check the status of the issue.
Additional Steps to Fix AVG Antivirus Not Scanning Issues
For your further assistance, we have listed few more steps that you can follow to wipe out this issue from its roots. Here is How to Fix AVG Antivirus Not Scanning Issues:
- Ensure that your router is working properly and you have a working internet connection.
- Make sure you do not have any other antivirus already installed in your system.
- Make sure your firewall is not restricting antivirus performance.
- Check for updates and update the AVG Antivirus (if available).
We hope you liked our blog on How to Fix AVG Antivirus Not Scanning Issues. For future as well, you can contact our experts and get reliable technical resolutions. Dial 800-742-9005 or write us an email at email@example.com.