How to fix Dell Printer Error code 016-302 – In this tech era, everyone is using tech gadgets such as laptops, computers, printers, etc., and the printer is one of the most commonly used devices. People want a reliable printer that is good in every aspect and provides a great printing and user experience. And Dell is one of the most trusted brands and has a wide clientele globally. As the Dell printers provide efficient printing and gratifying experience but at the same time, some user faces errors such as error code 016-302. And they don’t know how to fix Dell Printer Error Code 016-302.
These are common errors manifest due to some internal or external reasons and they are annoying sometimes that diminish all the enhanced user experience. If you are the one who is a victim facing this error then don’t worry and there is no need to be annoyed as Tech Support Expert is here to help you. Our Highly-trained expert team member will guide you with some detailed steps to fix this error code 016-302 with your own. And it’s time to dive deep to know how to fix Dell Printer Error Code 016-302.
Resolve Dell Printer Error Code 016-302
Dell Printer Error Code 016-302 is an error when it occurs then the error message on the system screen appears saying “Restart the printer” again and again and sometimes user get irritated and this little common error can ruin the whole day of a person as the printing and scanning of documents stops. But we will guide you with some precise and accurate steps that will surely fix the error code 016-302.
Follow the below-mentioned instructed steps to fix this Dell Printer Error Code 016-302.
Restart the printer
The first thing that you should try is to restart your Dell Printer. Follow the below-instructed steps to restart your printer successfully.
- Turn off your Dell printer.
- Unplug all the connected cables like Ethernet, USB, or wireless adaptors.
- Wait for at least 30 to 40 seconds.
- After waiting for few seconds, turn the printer back “ON” with all the data cables removed.
- When the printer completes the power-on self-test then proceed further with the next step.
- Press the Menu button first and the Down Arrow until Report or the list is displayed.
- Select the Printer Settings option by the select button.
- The printer will print the settings report page.
If the settings report prints successfully then there is no hardware related issues and you can proceed to the next step.
Clear the Print Queue
- Open control panel in your system.
- Locate the click on the Devices and Printers option in the control panel menu.
- Right-click on your printer’s icon, and click on See What’s Printing.
- Cancel all the printing commands by selecting them.
- Click on “Yes” to confirm
- Print a new command and see if the error is resolved.
When the printer praises a new command and prints a page successfully then you can enjoy Dell printer’s efficient printing services. Or if the error persists then move to the next step.
Reinstall Printer Drivers
If you are still facing this error code 016-302 then you can try reinstalling your printer driver it might fix your Dell Printer error code 016-302. To perform the reinstall procedure follow the below-mentioned steps.
- Press or click on the Start button.
- Select the Devices and Printers option from the list.
- Right-click on your printer that you are using.
- Select the Remove device option.
- Select the Yes option and then hit the enter button to remove the printer.
- The printer drivers will uninstall automatically, and now you have to download and install the latest driver for your printer.
- Launch the browser in your and Visit the official website of Dell.
- Search for your printer’s latest drivers and download them.
- When the downloading is finished, run the printer driver setup.
- Install the latest printer driver in your system.
After performing all the above-mentioned steps, you can upgrade reinstall your Dell printer driver in your system to fix the error code 016-302. It might resolve your printing issue. If in any circumstances the error persists then try to update the firmware.
Update the Firmware
If the issue persists then try updating the firmware following the below-mentioned steps. It will surely fix your Dell Printer error code 016-302.
- Download the latest version of the firmware first from the Dell support page.
- To extract the files, double click on the self-extracting archive.
- Click on the browse button and select your desired folder where you want to extract the files.
- Open the folder where you have extracted the files.
- Locate the application named dellfwup.exe from the list.
- Open the setup and select how the printer is connected to the system and then click Next.
- Choose the printer from the list that you want to update, and click next.
- A new window with a dialogue box open will appear showing the message do not interrupt the update process once it has begun.
- Once the update is complete the printer will restart automatically and return to its normal ready to print message.
- You will see the updated version of your printer in the update application.
- Click Next, then the finish to exit.
After performing the above-mentioned steps, you can easily fix the Dell printer error code 016-302. Therefore, if you are facing any other issue Dell printer related issue then dial 800-742-9005 and get instant solutions from our highly trained expert team, our lines 24*7 to help you without any call waiting. Or you can ping a mail to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.